Every morning I battle with the alarm clock. I may snooze for more ten times when finally I go straight to the kitchen and take 1tsp of coconut oil and I start to swishing it. I go back to my room where I meditate by the window for 20 minutes, while swishing around the oil around my teeth. Some days I do spit mucus after it, what is a good sign, it means it is working and cleaning out all the toxins off my body. After I brush my teeth with my homemade toothpaste I continue with my normal daily routine having my morning warm water with lemon to keep detoxing.
Yes, 20 minutes! You read well! It’s the recommended time for the oil pulling. It may sound toooo long, but believe me time flies! Doing my research, my first concern was about the length of time: When could I take 20 minutes for ‘mouthwash’?! But I have found the perfect time to do it. Not everyone has the same routine, but I am sure you will find your own time do it. There are some people who do it while showering or reading emails, be creative!
After one week of oil pulling I noticed an improvement on my acne, my teeth becoming brightener and I feel more energetic, which I think is pretty good.
I know, you are still wondering what the hell is oil pulling…
For years that ancient Ayurvedic natural medicine knows the benefits of oil pulling, but just now became popular by word of mouth. Everyone says thats really works. It doesn’t costs a thing once is another ingredient that should be already on the shelf.
Oil pulling consists swishing oil in the mouth (much like you would do with mouthwash) with a goal of detoxing, rejuvenating the body and allowing the benefits of it to take hold. I recommend you all try it for a month to see what it does for you!
Which oil should be used?
It is preferable to get the highest quality oil you can find. Cold pressed (raw) oil is often said to be critical to the alleged effectiveness. Sesame oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil and olive oil are the most recommended for oil pulling, but any vegetable oil will work. I prefer to use coconut oil not only because it has more benefits but also because of the pleasant flavour. I have tried olive oil but I didn’t like the strong flavour.
Want white teeth, gorgeous gums and one seriously healthy body? This is how to do it:
1. First thing in the morning (before brushing and in a empty stomach), – I do spit even before, since I remember I do that and I guess logical of things it should be good, because I am already spitting out some bad stuff – then pour yourself a tablespoon of the oil of your choice;
2. Put it in your mouth, and swish it around for anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes. Push and pull the oil back and forth, left and right, drawing it between your teeth;
3. Do NOT swallow it;
4. Continue swishing. As you continue swishing the oil, it eventually gets much more thin, and even turns white. Spit out a little into the sink. If the color is not white, it means you are not done. So continue until the color of the oil is white;
5. Spit it in the trash (because it can solidify and clog your pipe, so spitting into your skin is not a good idea);
6. Rinse your mouth out with water;
7. Brush your teeth as normally you do in your daily routine.
If you are curious to know more about it, I truly recommend you to read ‘Oil pulling – Therapy Detoxifying Cleaning’ from Dr. Bruce Fife . You can buy it at:
You can also watch the video.
Another good reading.